View Full Version : Case for PMW-300?

Glen Vandermolen
April 14th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I just got my PMW-300 and my old camera bag is a bit narrow. I have to remove the flip-up eyepiece to make it fit, and I'd rather not do that.
What does everyone use for their carrying bag?

Anthony Trotter
April 16th, 2014, 06:56 AM
The go-to bag for me is the Porta Brace CTC-1. It has a flip out side pocket that accommodates the jutting eye-piece of the EX3. It's pricey. The one drawback to this case is that if you travel to a foreign country with anything Porta-Brace, customs agents are attracted like bees to honey. I also like the Kata CC-197 PL. It has a yellow interior which helps you spot small accessories. Unlike the Porta Brace, it's not obvious that there's video gear inside. I have an older version of the Kata Grizzly, which is an excellent bag and can be also worn as a giant backpack. It's big, don't use it as much as I used to, but still love it. One good thing about the Kata camera / tripod bag line is that they can be used with the Kata "insertrolley" dolly. The insertrolley is compact and convenient, but will wear-out with moderate use. The durability factor is reflected in the price. Good luck!

Chris Hurd
November 15th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Hey Glen,

This case should work well for your application.

Sony PMW-300 Case (RED overlay) | Jason Cases (http://www.jasoncases.com/store/product/sony-pmw-300-red-overlay/)

Jason Camparetto is a member here and can answer any specific questions you might have about it.