View Full Version : New Panasonic AJ-PX270 Camera

Eric C. Petrie
April 15th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Even though it doesn’t get as much hype as the digital cinema, large sensor, 4K cameras, traditional 1080p ENG-styel shooting is still a very important part of what many video professionals do. Panasonic has revealed their latest camera to meet these needs. The AJ-PX270 is designed in a similar form factor to the HPX250. It features a 22x servo zoom lens with combination mechanical and servo rings for zoom, focus, and iris. Panasonic has moved the XLR ports around. In a style you might see in a shoulder mount ENG camera they’ve put one on the front and one on the back. The camera has all an all new LCD panel and an amazing OLED viewfinder. It has SDI, HDMI, USB 3.0, and ethernet ports. It is Wi-Fi controllable. It records to full size or microP2 cards. The biggest reason to get this camera is it is the first hand held sub-$10k camera to feature all flavors of AVC-Ultra. That means it can do AVC-Intra at 50, 100, and 200mbps. And it can also do AVC-LongGOP at 25, 35, and 50mbps. Amazingly all formats of AVC-Ultra are 4:2:2 10-bit, except AVC-Intra 200, which can be 4:4:4. The AJ-PX270 ships in early summer for around $5,750.

Panasonic Announced AJ-PX270 Hand-Held ENG Camcorder | News from the NW Digital Cinema Dealer (http://provideoandtape.com/blog/?p=1046)

epetrie@provideoandtape.com

Todd Simon
December 2nd, 2014, 12:21 PM
FOR SALE: PANASONIC HPX600 / Fujinon XA17X7.6 BERM...

I have one AGHPX600 with color viewfinder and Fujinon XA17X7.6 BERM M6D lens that I purchased new in May, 2014 and now need to sell ASAP. I'd be interested in selling the body or lens separately as well. If you are, or know anyone who might be interested please let me know...it will be a great deal since there is under 150 hours on the camera.
Todd Simon
THS-Visuals
775-588-6976
todds@thsvisuals.com

Aryan Bhardwaj
August 27th, 2016, 12:36 AM
Even though it doesn’t get as much hype as the digital cinema, large sensor, 4K cameras, traditional 1080p ENG-styel shooting is still a very important part of what many video professionals do. Panasonic has revealed their latest camera to meet these needs. The AJ-PX270 is designed in a similar form factor to the HPX250. It features a 22x servo zoom lens with combination mechanical and servo rings for zoom, focus, and iris. Panasonic has moved the XLR ports around. In a style you might see in a shoulder mount ENG camera they’ve put one on the front and one on the back. The camera has all an all new LCD panel and an amazing OLED viewfinder. It has SDI, HDMI, USB 3.0, and ethernet ports. It is Wi-Fi controllable. It records to full size or microP2 cards. The biggest reason to get this camera is it is the first hand held sub-$10k camera to feature all flavors of AVC-Ultra. That means it can do AVC-Intra at 50, 100, and 200mbps. And it can also do AVC-LongGOP at 25, 35, and 50mbps. Amazingly all formats of AVC-Ultra are 4:2:2 10-bit, except AVC-Intra 200, which can be 4:4:4. The AJ-PX270 ships in early summer for around $5,750.

Panasonic Announced AJ-PX270 Hand-Held ENG Camcorder | News from the NW Digital Cinema Dealer (http://provideoandtape.com/blog/?p=1046)

epetrie@provideoandtape.com
Hi Eric
Do you have any comparison of 270 with other camera like SONY PXW X200 specially for image quality I don't think that it may have same sharp images which PXW X200 can produce while 270 is 25k more expensive with standard accessory.