View Full Version : How is this video made?

Jerry Neal
April 29th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Hello,

I figured that I'd start here with my question. I found this "educational" video with a lot of what appears "canned" type effects and graphics. This does not look like custom effects designed in AE . . . Can anyone tell me if there is a program for creating this type of video? Thanks!

The Middle East Problem - YouTube

Christopher Young
April 30th, 2014, 05:13 AM
I would suggest that it was done in Flash then converted to video output and then the presenter was keyed over it OR the presenter was brought into Flash and keyed. To me Flash is a 'black art' but my eldest son who makes a living in web design says "Yeah, that would be easy to do in Flash. Just need all the elements Dad."

If I had to do it in video it would mean a lot of Photoshop elements, layers of PSDs. Would need a decent budget though as it's a fair amount of planning and prep work.

Any other guesses?

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Tim Lewis
April 30th, 2014, 05:50 AM
I actually wouldn't mind betting you could build all the background animations in PowerPoint.

Finn Yarbrough
April 30th, 2014, 04:51 PM
This could be done in After Effects, but I have a hunch that it was done in Apple Motion.

As an aside, I wonder if there are two sides to the version of history as interpreted here? Nah...probably not.

Paul Wood
May 1st, 2014, 02:41 AM
Could be done fairly easily in Motion - a lot of the elements shown are stock items - have a look at Simon Ubsdell on Youtube for some inspirational lessons on Motion 5.