View Full Version : Rode Videomic Pro to Tascam Sound Recorder

Chad Andreo
May 22nd, 2014, 02:20 PM
I would like to use my Rode Videomic Pro as a boom mic for an interview and I was wondering what is the best way to mount it to my Tascam DR-60D to achieve the best sound quality?

I have done some research, and I know rode makes an XLR adapter, but apparently a lot of people have issues with it using a mono mic.

Bryan Cantwell
May 22nd, 2014, 03:31 PM
Have you tried just plugging the Rode into the channel 3/4 1/8" plug on the Tascam?

Chad Andreo
May 22nd, 2014, 07:03 PM
The cord is too short to be used while boomed. I was going to order the rode 10' cord extension, but a lot of people have complained about loss in audio quality.

Reed Gidez
May 22nd, 2014, 07:07 PM
Chad

I have the VideoMic Pro and RØDE's extension cable running into the 1/8" jack on my Marantz recorder and I've found it to work exceptionally well.

Steve House
May 23rd, 2014, 04:55 AM
I would like to use my Rode Videomic Pro as a boom mic for an interview and I was wondering what is the best way to mount it to my Tascam DR-60D to achieve the best sound quality?

I have done some research, and I know rode makes an XLR adapter, but apparently a lot of people have issues with it using a mono mic.XLR is a mono connection, the Videomic is a mono mic. The VXLR adapter is purpose-built to connect the Videomic to an XLR mic input. I've not heard of any issues with it such as you allude to in your post.

Donald McPherson
May 24th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Have you thought about the Irig Pre hack. It gives very good results.