View Full Version : Preview Monitor Display gets stuck - black screen - can't close. Vegas 12.

Jordan Brindle
July 16th, 2014, 11:33 AM
When i set the preview window to my external monitor, i can watch/preview footage fine. But when i want to close the preview window, it leaves a blank, black screen behind which i cannot close down unless i shut off Vegas. Can't see anything on my preview/second monitor. The preview button is still responsive though and operating the preview button/previewing footage still works on the timeline but the window cannot be closed.

Have messed around with all the settings in the preview window device/video tab to no avail yet. Switching preview window in Vegas to my main desktop/vegas application monitor works but it does not like the external monitor.

After configuring my ATi control center (monitor properties / control) i switched my main desktop monitor to what is normally my external preview monitor and the preview window can be open/closed fine. It appears the preview window only operates on whatever screen is set as my main desktop/application monitor. But both monitors are responding/detected in Vegas. Hmm.