View Full Version : Speed booster and smart adapter problem again

Kajito Nagib
August 12th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Just recently I sent my two adapters in to Metabones service center in Hong Kong for the latest firmware update (ver 32) and to service my Speedbooster. I bought the new Canon 24-70mm f/4.0 L
(Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup/ef_24_70mm_f_4l_is_usm))
and connected it to my Speedbooster. Everything works nicely for the first few minutes and then the auto-iris stops working and I get the error message "Cannot execute function because of the condition of the lens." I had the same problem a year ago and Metabones replaced the adapter. Also my Canon 24mm f/1.4 L stopped working after the firmware upgrade same error message and frequently rapid clicking between apertures and the auto iris stops working. I got in touch with their tech support in HK and they told me that the Canon 24mm f/1.4 is not supported. Their website says differently in fact it's been working for the past year. All my other lenses work well with the Smart Mark 2 and the Speedbooster only the two lenses I just mentioned do not work with the adapters. I don't think I short circuiting the adapter or else my other lenses wouldn't work with it my guess is the adapter contacts isn't communicating with the camera what do you think? Has anyone had a similar problem? BTW I am familiar with how to switch from Advance mode to Green mode so this isn't the problem.

Kajito Nagib
August 13th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Can someone recommend another adapter other than the Metabones for Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX?
I have a Sony FS700 and I'll be picking up the A7s this week. Thanks!