View Full Version : why is my footage shaky?

Marlon Torres
October 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
i exported my footage today on dvd and my footage is shaky...wuts could be causing this?

A. J. deLange
October 10th, 2005, 02:28 PM
By "shaky" I assume you mean that the image is not stable. First question is thus "Was image stabilization on?" If so and the focal length was short or medium there is the possibility of a failure in the OIS system. At long focal length the OIS system cannot keep up. At least I personally am unable to attain stable images at 20X unless I refrain from breathing. AFAIK this is normal.

Bill Porter
October 10th, 2005, 02:46 PM
1) Post a short clip so we can see what you mean.

2) Like A. J. says, try to hold as still as possible the more zoomed in you are. I once refrained from breathing from the beginning of one zoomed in closeup shot, until late 1997.

Kevin Wild
October 10th, 2005, 05:01 PM
i exported my footage today on dvd and my footage is shaky...wuts could be causing this?

Umm...lack of a tripod? :-) Come on. Is this a joke? Why is my footage shaky? If you're serious, we need more info to help.

Kevin

Marlon Torres
October 10th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Nooo...its actually after effects motion graphics on top of xl2 footage...its fine on my monitor but when i export on dvd, the text shakes very subtlely up and down.

Eric Brown
October 10th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Gotta mention that detail stuff up front, bud. You kind of sent everyone on a wild goose chase. Just a short one, though.