View Full Version : My audio is gone!

Jeff Harper
April 7th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Well it's not gone, but in the middle of editing my project has gone silent. No sound through my speakers.

Audio for everything else works on my PC, media players, etc. I've not muted the tracks, I have seven lines of audio, they all appear fine and the meters are moving but I'm not hearing anything.

Suggestions?

Jeff Harper
April 7th, 2015, 02:29 PM
I had muted the Master audio, don't know how it happened. never mind!

Leslie Wand
April 7th, 2015, 05:18 PM
welcome to my world ;-)

nothing like human error.

Jeff Harper
April 8th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Yep. In all of my years of using Vegas I've never hit the master mute thing, so weird.

Well, Leslie at least I'm in good company!

Juan Rios
April 8th, 2015, 12:17 PM
It is an honor to join this select circle. I have even heard changes with EQ bypass :-)

David Johns
April 9th, 2015, 05:06 AM
Crikey Jeff, what with this and your "everything's gone too bright!" problem, would it be rude of me to suggest maybe you need a nice holiday for a couple of weeks...?

Sounds like it's all becoming too much! :-)

Cheers
David

Jeff Harper
April 10th, 2015, 06:43 AM
David, your suggestion of a holiday is welcome, as long as you are willing to do my editing while I'm away :)

Mike Kujbida
April 10th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Jeff, you need to fly down to Vegas next week for NAB. I guarantee that you'll come back re-energized and ready to fly around your edit console once again :)

Jeff Harper
April 11th, 2015, 01:56 PM
I'm sure it would be awesome, Mike! Sadly I don't fly. Never been to Vegas either. Have fun!

Adam Stanislav
April 11th, 2015, 08:08 PM
You could always take a bus. ;)

Mike Kujbida
April 11th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Or a train. NAB is something every video person should go to at least once in their life. SO many toys and so little money :(