View Full Version : Do I need to swop cameras??

Chris Harding
April 12th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Hi Guys

For those with two EA-50's like me ? I have my "A" cam which is my main tripod camera used at weddings for ceremonies and speeches and has logged 130 hours now. My "B" camera is mainly shoulder mount and works a lot harder doing everything else and realty shoots too so has logged 440 hours use!!

The only difference between them is the A-Cam has a dual receiver mount on the shoulder pad and the B-Cam has a single receiver mount and a 2nd battery mount for a video light when I need it ... Each has a Nikon to E-Mount adapter ..... Should I give the hard working one a break now and swop receiver mounts so A becomes B and vice-versa or is it not necessary ??

Do any of you guys with identical cameras swop the bodies around so they each work around the same hours over a year???

Chris

Michael Spanheimer
April 12th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Hey Chris

i would do so... but itīs just a feeling. Dont know if there is a reasonable cause for a Digital Cam like this.

Greets Michael

Aaron Jones Sr.
April 12th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Well Chris is is a matter of preference I think. It also depends on if you plan to sell and upgrade or will run it til the wheels fall off... If you plan to sell one then I would not swap. This way the one with the lesser hours is worth more. If you plan to run them till they die then maybe a swap is in order to each out the work load for longevity's sake. I'm not sure what is the average life span on the EA50 sensors... That would be interesting to know. Just my little 2 cents anyway.