View Full Version : List Prime lenses for NEX-EA50UH? (Not with adapters)

Rod Chesnut
April 23rd, 2015, 01:10 PM
I can not find a post nor thread that lists Prime lenses that work with my NEX-EA50uh.
When I find a lens I think I'll like, and ask the retailer if it works with my '50, I get "Ask Sony."
I have the SELP18200.

I'm looking for a good video lens for sit-down interviews / teleprompter reader (VOC)
that will give that beautiful fore ground and back ground bokeh that every client wants.
We will lose 2/3's a stop with the teleprompter glass.

Second, (and possibly another lens), I want a lens for shooting individual
people VOC in front of a green screen. We will shoot tests with the SELP18200,
when I buy the green screen kit.

Is it just the E PZ SELP18200, SELP18105G, and the SELP1650 lenses?

I understand with Meta-Bones adapters many lenses will fit.
I just want a list of lenses that will work with the '50's zoom, as is.

Does anybody have a Sony approved list of Lenses for the NEX-EA50uh,
without MetaBones or other adapters?

Thanks.

Dmitri Zigany
April 23rd, 2015, 04:04 PM
All Sony E-Mount and FE lenses will work. The FE are for Full Frame but work on the EA50 as well.
There's Sony branded and Zeiss. Look at pretty much any dealers webpage and sort lenses by brand and mount and you will get an idea what is available.

You also have the full manual lenses from Samyang (Rokinon/Walimex).

I have and like the Sony e-mount 50/1.8.

Chris Harding
April 23rd, 2015, 06:44 PM
Sigma also make two e-Mount lenses that drop straight onto the EA-50 ..they do a 19mm prime and a 35mm prime ... pretty cheap too!!

Forgot to mention that Samyang make a nice range of primes for e-mount cameras .. Noa Put had a bunch of them when he had his EA-50 ... I do weddings so I'm a zoom person due to space restrictions but they would work great for interviews!!

Dmitri Zigany
April 24th, 2015, 05:58 AM
I used the Samyang 35mm cine lens on my EA50 while I still had it. Worked great. It also works great now on my FS700 and A7s.

ANY e-mount lens will work on the EA50.

Matt Bigwood
April 24th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I also use the Sony E 50mm f1.8, and find it very useful when filming interviews as the wide aperture allows me to nicely defocus the background.

I've also got the Sony 16mm f2.8 and Sigma 19mm f2.8 and find the Sigma much sharper and with better colour rendition.

Rod Chesnut
April 30th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Thanks so much for all your input. after much research, I bought a Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN off Sigma web site. It's a refurb, but new warranty and return policy at cheaper than used rates. Got the silver coated, so I will add a black rubber sleeve when I find one.
I'll get back when I have results to show.