View Full Version : dvd copywrite software

Steve Bleasdale
May 5th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Hi guys is there a good software dvd protection company out there? Are they any good! Any other tricks I can use to stop someone copying a certain dvd. Steve

Vince Pachiano
May 5th, 2015, 11:48 AM
This has been asked before. IIRC, CSS copyright protection is only available at the commercial level.
And even if you did employ it, it is easily broken.

The method I use is to record to Double Layer (DL) disks even for a movie that would fit on a single layer.
Most any consumer can easily copy a Single Layer disk, and has Single Layer blanks lying around,
but fewer have DL disks lying around.

Donald McPherson
May 5th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Some say a little scratch in the wright place can stop copying. I think it near the inner edge of the writing which you can see by tilting the disk back and forth. But don't blame me if it doesn't work;-)

Steve Bleasdale
May 5th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Cheers guys this is ridiculous these days though hey? I think i will start a booming business soon?? People can rip us off but we cant do nothing about it. phew.

Dave Farrants
May 5th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Some say a little scratch in the wright place can stop copying. I think it near the inner edge of the writing which you can see by tilting the disk back and forth. But don't blame me if it doesn't work;-)

No, it's towards the outer edge. Disks read from the centre out, add 10 mins of black to the end of your DVD, then place a scratch in the last portion of the DVD - Copy software then sees an error and fails to write the copy.It's a bit hit and miss, some say it works some say it doesn't!

Steve Bleasdale
May 5th, 2015, 02:54 PM
thanks Dave will try