View Full Version : magic bullet goes real time

Giroud Francois
October 17th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Seems the new version of Magic bullet is stacking the CPU +GPU calculation power to offer real time.
obviously you will need a display card with a serious GPU capabilities (nvidia 7800) to get the best of it.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/mbe2press.html

Noah Hayes
October 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Am I just way too tired to see it, or does it say it requires a Nvidia card in windows...I have an X850XT...it should work right?

Giroud Francois
October 30th, 2005, 02:26 AM
unfortunately no mention of ATi product.
"NVIDIA 6800 or 7800 series graphics cards (or professional Quadro cards) with 256 MB VRAM or more (required for GPU acceleration) "

Ahmet Ilhan
October 31st, 2005, 03:28 AM
well yes they mention ATI
NVIDIA 6800 or ATI equivalent graphics cards with 256 MB VRAM or more (required for GPU acceleration) see www.redgiantsoftware.com for complete compatibility list (I did not check the web site though)

Giroud Francois
October 31st, 2005, 05:28 AM
strangely the reference to ATI card is done only in the MAC config.
it is not referenced into the PC config

Ken Hodson
November 3rd, 2005, 04:06 AM
ATi for PC is not implemented in the current release. Very odd why not, but I guess Mac is a priority for them now.
If someone was a heavy PC user of the program I would suggest trading in their ATi card for an Nvidia as the speed benefits would be worth it based on what them show on the site.

Mike Tesh
November 3rd, 2005, 05:34 AM
They say it does realtime for standard definition, but they also say it now supports HDV. Does it do realtime for HDV as well since HDV uses the same memory/bandwidth as miniDV?
Not that it matter much to me at the moment since I don't shoot HDV. just curious.