View Full Version : Premiere Pro straight to DVD

Ervin Farkas
September 25th, 2015, 06:27 PM
I know in older versions there was an option to burn a simple 'no menu' DVD straight from within Premiere Pro.

What was the last version of Premiere Pro that had this feature?

Thank you,

Andrew Smith
September 26th, 2015, 01:03 AM
CS6 certainly has a "Send to Encore" item listing within Dynamic Link. Never used it, though.

Andrew

David Barnett
September 28th, 2015, 10:20 AM
I think CS3. CS4 definitely goes thru Encore (mandatory).

Sometimes, I miss that old 'Burn to DVD' feature. Not sure why it didn't remain as an alternative option:/

Ann Bens
September 28th, 2015, 02:15 PM
CS2 had a build in DVD feature, was not very good. So Adobe took it out.

Ian Firth
September 29th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Hi Ervin,

I know it doesn't answer your question, but in CS6, sending your Sequence to Encore and burning a DVD straight from Encore with no inputs made will produce a DVD which starts when loaded. No menu required, none used. At least it did last week for me. The CS6 sequence was a mix of .mp4 1920x1080i (1.9) and .m2t 1440x1080i (1.33) on a 1440x1080i (1.33) timeline. The resulting DVD was 720x480i.

Cheers, Ian

Ervin Farkas
September 29th, 2015, 12:01 PM
CS2 is what I referenced when I said Premiere had the feature - and I would extend the comment "was not very good" to Adobe CS2 in general - it was a click-crash-click-crash software... either CS2 or CS3 was the last I used any Adobe stuff ~10 years ago. Please don't delete this - I intend to come back!

I moved on to another software, which I will not name here. But this other software is taking a course that does not fill all of my needs, so I would like to give CS/CC another chance.

The problem is, I still deliver a lot of my work on DVD - please don't blast me, tell the attorneys I work for! It's mostly inertia, but also limitations by available hardware in outdated court rooms. This "other software" has a very easy way of creating DVD with just a few clicks straight from the timeline... and I am trying to find a way of doing the same with whatever NLE I go next, without the need to install a boatload of programs.

I hope this puts my question into context.

David Barnett
September 29th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Why not just hook your camera up to your DVD Recorder/Player unit? Just play the camera & record the DVD? Then just buy a cheap duplicator, like Produplicator.com

Ervin Farkas
September 29th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Aww, come on David - we're not going back to stone age...

David Barnett
September 30th, 2015, 07:40 AM
But your thinking of finding a copy of CS2 & running it? Seems like your only doing it so you can be "non-linear", as outdated as it is (10+ years?). Can't imagine burning a DVD thru CS2 saves any real time, as opposed to the 2 hours it takes to duplicate it direct. Plus the duplicators dupe within about 5 miinutes. I'm a little confused about this tho, don't deposition videographers burn live to DVD at the dep? Why not just take that DVD & run it straight thru the DVD duplicator? BAM! 5 minutes, done.

Suit yourself.

Ervin Farkas
October 1st, 2015, 04:09 PM
I didn't say I'm trying to find a copy of CS2! I was hoping that the feature still exists maybe in CS5 - I know it doesn't exist in CS6 and CC.

I have no DVD to duplicate; I shoot to cards, edit on PC, and sometimes I have to burn to DVD (although mostly upload the digital files to my client's server).

Burning DVDs on location is so... 10 years ago!

David Barnett
October 1st, 2015, 07:24 PM
I have no DVD to duplicate; I shoot to cards, edit on PC, and sometimes I have to burn to DVD (although mostly upload the digital files to my client's server).

Burning DVDs on location is so... 10 years ago!

Really?! cause just 2 days ago you claimed this:

The problem is, I still deliver a lot of my work on DVD - please don't blast me, tell the attorneys I work for! It's mostly inertia, but also limitations by available hardware in outdated court rooms.

Don't move the strike zone on us.

Ervin Farkas
October 1st, 2015, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the help David.

Donald McPherson
October 2nd, 2015, 11:58 AM
CS6 with dynamic link. Or maybe try Adobe Elements.