View Full Version : LinkedIn "ProFinder"

Terry Wall
March 30th, 2016, 10:03 AM
I know many of us on this forum maintain LinkedIn profiles. Yesterday, I got an invite to participate in the beta-test of their ProFinder and what I found there ticked me off so much--on behalf of my fellow videography types--that I felt compelled to say something. You can read it here: http://bit.ly/1SmQRJY Do feel free to comment...maybe LinkedIn will get the hint if sufficient pressure is brought to bear.

Cheers,
~TW

David Barnett
March 30th, 2016, 11:57 AM
That's odd. So the only category at all was "Video Editor"?? I'm surprised they'd even have that at all, if they have nothing else. No 'Video Production' or 'Video'. Also, sometimes video is under something like Media/Entertainment or Radio/TV/Film. I agree tho, 'Video Production' should be a solid all around video services category.

I always felt LinkedIn really almost hit it big overall, as a 'Professional Facebook', and I've seen more people & coworkers active on it, but I don't think they, or alot of we, ever quite figured out it's purpose. After all, what is a 'more professional Facebook'??