View Full Version : So one thing about a slider dipping; my solution

Steven Davis
May 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM
So I bought a slider, and was using it on a tripod, but I had horizontal dipping, so without buying anything else, (heaven knows I don't need more stuff) I came up with this solution. It's probably not good on the mechanics of the heads, but it'll work for now.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495184921510537172/

Forgive the link post, my uploading ability has always been broken. But feel free to follow me on PInterest.

Patrick Baldwin
May 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM
If you have two light stands you could do the same thing no? I have found a solution using one tripod but utilising magic arms and super clamps coming off the tripod legs and attaching to the ends of the slider using a suitable manfrotto adaptor. All stuff I already had. Works perfectly but is heavy. It does still make it easier to reposition than a stand at either end though. Whatever works though right?

Walter Brokx
June 3rd, 2016, 10:38 AM
Using 2 tripods?
That is what I always do.
It solid and safe.

I've got 2 the same manfrotto tripods for this purpose with a center column I can raise at least 40 cm. So I can adjust the height easily. I added levelheads to both, so I can make sure both ends are level. Even with the terrain is uneven.

Gary Huff
June 4th, 2016, 08:51 AM
This is my solution.