View Full Version : What .mts transfer utility (that works with Windows 10?)

Mark Goodsell
July 14th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Guys,

New laptop with Windows 10. No video editing program on here yet. Need to transfer Video from my XA10 so I can use some cards for an upcoming shoot. What program or utility should I use ..that's W10 compatible and will preserve video quality and join files as needed. I saw the Borsoft program but it only says Windows 8 compatible.

Thanks,

Mark

Alan Craven
July 15th, 2016, 12:01 AM
Did you not get Canon's own Data Import Utility with your camera? That will do all that you ask very efficiently.

Mark Goodsell
July 17th, 2016, 10:08 PM
I didn't think it was Windows 10 compatible but looks like it is. I installed a few minutes ago and will give it a go. Jeeez, the answer was under my nose all along.

Thanks,

Alan Craven
July 17th, 2016, 11:29 PM
There has been an updated version available for download since last year.

Data Import Utility Ver.2 - Download (Select Language) | PIXELA CORPORATION (http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/dataimportutility_ver2/download.html)

This has the very useful feature of enabling you to give the clips a logical name.

Jay Massengill
July 18th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Keep in mind the new version of the software for download is an updater only, you still need to have your original software loaded to make use of the new version.

Alan Craven
July 18th, 2016, 08:42 AM
#3 suggests that the OP has the original full version?

Jay Massengill
July 18th, 2016, 11:08 AM
I didn't want him to dump the original software prematurely since he had already loaded it and tested on his new machine. And to let others know if they didn't have their original disc at hand they couldn't just rely on the new version alone.