View Full Version : Gold Mount battery plate for LS300

Mike Halper
September 20th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Is anyone powering the LS300 with Gold Mount batteries? I'd like to use my Gold Mount batteries so I have only one battery for the camera, EVF, external monitor, and wireless follow focus, but am unable to find a battery plate that either has an adapter for the battery contacts on the camera or a cable to the DC port. Even a d-tap to DC cable would work. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks for your help.

K.J. Halverson
September 30th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Not sure if you needed this info anymore, but I use this:

Lanparte ABP-01 Gold-Mount Battery Pinch

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1100250&gclid=CJbVg-Cst88CFQIoaQod848OaA&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C116777138042%2C&Q=&A=details

It's great, and mine (at the time) came with a bunch of different cables for all sorts of different power needs. Different places have better/different prices/combos so I'd shop around.

Mike Halper
September 30th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Thanks for that. I saw that plate on there before. Is that 15mm rod clamp removable? It looks like it's going in the wrong direction. I'd want to mount the whole thing to a cheeseplate that I have a 15mm rod clamp attached to, then have it mounted on the rig vertically instead of horizontally like they have their clamp configured. So I guess I'd need it to have some 1/4-20 threads on the back too so I can mount to my cheese plate. Possible? Thanks!

K.J. Halverson
September 30th, 2016, 09:15 AM
You know, I don't know if it is removable. But I've been able to mount it in several different configurations with some basic rails. Like quick releases, cheese plates and I have a difficult relationship, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help as I'd like to be there.

(I will mention that the Lanparte mount can be swiveled.)

Mike Halper
September 30th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Ok thanks. I'll check it out and if it won't work for me I'll return it.

B.J. Adams
October 3rd, 2016, 04:01 AM
from the photos it looks like the clamp is part of the plate
i'm curious how you would power the ls300 from this plate? would you use the 7.4v output?

Mike Halper
October 3rd, 2016, 09:15 AM
Which is weird because if you look at all the pictures, there are some that make it appear as the mount is in another direction. Can it pivot or be removed and put back on in the other direction? Or is there 2 versions of the same mount?

B.J. Adams
October 20th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Did anyone get this plate? Any more info as i might be interested to get one?

In the meantime, just in case you haven't come across this video in your research, it offers a good look at the plate:

LanParte v-Mount battery system - REVIEW - YouTube

Earl Thurston
October 21st, 2016, 11:58 AM
Can it pivot or be removed and put back on in the other direction?
Based on what I see in the photos, the rod mounts appear to be designed to pivot 180-degrees.

Here's a photo on their site: http://www.lanparte.com/d/file/Products/Power/Pinch/2015-01-21/5a0ad35d4a39d2d73ecc2e1a7b63ea64.jpg