View Full Version : 'Last in the Pack' short film shot on C300 Mk2 and Rotolights

Dan Parkes
November 8th, 2016, 02:57 PM
In another test of the capabilities of the C300 Mk2, here is a short comedy by Andrew Elias that he asked me to film. I also used it to test my 3 x Neo Rotolights and the FX settings they have (TV, fire, lightning etc). Quite impressed with how versatile they are. Although it was shot in the middle of a sunny day, in a large room with a huge window, so low light was not the issue! Spent most of the time trying to reduce light to create the evening look.

Originally shot in 4K, although unfortunately uploaded only in 1080p.

https://youtu.be/B7ha1Ur03PM

Jim Martin
November 8th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Fun piece....Did you find you wanted more (brighter effect) for the Rotos?

Dan Parkes
November 8th, 2016, 04:29 PM
The Neos were fine on this particular shoot, once I had sufficiently flagged the huge window. However on other shoots there have been times when I wanted more. I think the Neo Rotolights are equivalent to the old 250w tungsten lights. I also have the larger Anovoa Pro Rotolight which is of course a lot more, but still probably no more than about 500w (when placed beside a 650 Arri it was definitely less).

Otherwise, they are brilliant lights, very well made and the ability to accurate dial in colour temperate is excellent.