View Full Version : Control 3 HVX200 cameras?

Amr Toukhy
October 25th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Dear All,

IDEA:
If i needed to shoot with three HVX-200 cameras at the same time "matched timecode" meaning when i look in the P2 memory i'll find the same exact files with defferent footage of course.

QUESTION:
Is there a controller / remote control to do this through wireless / firewire !!!

Regards,
Amr Toukhy

Chris Hurd
October 25th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure the HVX200 will have Free Run timecode... so all you would need to do is to set all three camcorders to the same Free Run TC start value, and enter it into all cams at the same time using the wireless remote controller pointed at all three simultaneously. Hope this helps,

Amr Toukhy
October 25th, 2005, 01:29 PM
i think this is PERFECT, thank you so much for the great help,
any idea if there is a wide angle lens for this camera that doesn't do edge distortion!!!
thanks

Barry Green
October 25th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Actually, for sync'ing timecode, it's a lot easier on the HVX. Just set 'em all to free run, and then plug one camera into the next and tell it to read the timecode preset. It'll sync to the other camera. So through firewire you can sync all of their timecodes to be exactly the same.

As far as starting/stopping them, that's another issue. If they're all right next to each other you can start/stop with one remote, but if they're across the room etc., each would be started and stopped separately. So the files will have exactly the same timecode for each moment, regardless of when each operator hit start or stop.

Amr Toukhy
October 26th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Barry, i know you can connect two cameras through firewire but how to connect three !!!
thanks

Chris Hurd
October 26th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Amr, Barry refers to reading one camera from another via FireWire, but they don't have to remain connected. Set one by hand, then use it to set all the others in turn, syncing by FireWire one at a time.