View Full Version : LPFM = Low Power FM radio

Phil Goetz
December 17th, 2016, 06:00 PM
So I finished my masters work on radio 10 years ago this month. The complete report is here:
http://www.prometheusradio.org/sites/default/files/lpfm_goetz_dec_2006.pdf

I found this gem in some old files:

Comment emailed to Gmail 5/29/06

Email distribution for legitimate social science researchers at accredited universities using online surveys:
I have been in graduate school for 3 years at the University of Texas at Austin. I am studying low power FM radio. The IT department here labeled me a spammer even though I had dotted every "I" and crossed every "T" with the office of research compliance and contacted them ahead of time to see if I would have a problem. They are also known as the institutional review board and approve human subject interaction research. I have to continue sending my survey to a total of 730 organizations using another mail service. The complaint had come from an AOL user and the university is willing to let AOL dictate who is a spammer. Would I be able to send 500 emails, one by one, over a couple of weeks from my Gmail account and not be labeled a spammer? I could send you my research proposal as well as the introductory email I am sending.