View Full Version : 'Selling' USB delivery to clients

Pages : 1 [2]

Roger Gunkel
June 5th, 2017, 03:41 AM
I'm with Noah. I have two packages, the base package comes with a USB. The biggest package comes with the DVD, Bluray option. I do custom graphics for every disk and covers, so it's about three hours of work just in that.

Wow! I do custom graphics for every disk and sleeve which takes me 10-15 minutes maximum. I have a photo of the bouquet or similar on the disc, together with their names, wedding date and copyright. On the sleeve I have a photo from the day on the front and a different one on the back, plus names, dates etc. Disk artwork is printed directly on the face of the disk, and the sleeves are printed on high gloss photo card.

I have a standard template into which I drop the different photos and wording. It gives a repeatable standard for our presentation and makes it very personal to each wedding. I can't imagine spending 3 hours to do what is straightforward artwork unless each one is designed completely from scratch with no basics to work from.

Roger

Pete Cofrancesco
June 5th, 2017, 04:41 AM
I take more time than I would like especially on the dvd label. I try to come up with a unique design, contending with the hub hole, for stage work incorporating art work from the program, using the right stills from the video and making it match with the dvd menu.

Steven Davis
June 5th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Well, to each his own. But one thing customers seem to appreciate is that they can pick up twenty of my weddings and each artwork design is completely different. To each his own I guess, but everything from color theme and text is different based on the theme or style of the wedding. Sometimes I can match my font to something similar to the program. Ofcourse, I used to do three disk weddings back in the day, now I'm two tops. And USB of course cuts down on the artwork.