View Full Version : BBC News: Media scuffle outside polling station

Colin McDonald
June 8th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Media scuffle outside polling station - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40201908/media-scuffle-outside-polling-station)

Apologies if this link can't be viewed outside the UK - it will probably end up on YouTube anyway.

A cameraman and a photographer get into a scuffle while waiting to film Lib Dem leader Tim Farron at polling station in Cumbria.

Makes a change from a scuffle at a wedding I suppose. Not sure I would want to risk falling over with a shoulder mount camera like that.

Donald McPherson
June 8th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Anything to get the shot. The video camera man was taking no sh!t

Andrew Smith
June 8th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Plays in Australia.

International access = granted. :-D

Andrew

Jim Feeley
June 8th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Wow.

In case you can't view the BBC vid, here's The Guardian's posting on YouTube:

Reporters scuffle while waiting for Tim Farron at polling station - YouTube

John Nantz
June 8th, 2017, 01:24 PM
The latest breaking news (pun intended): "And there you have it folks, Round One, photographer verses videographer! "

Dang, not sure I'd want to do that for a career.
One should at least get hazardous duty pay.

Ronald Jackson
June 9th, 2017, 12:34 AM
Big girl's blouses!

Steven Digges
June 10th, 2017, 11:29 AM
I get it, Been there for it. This is not a still vs video thing, it is a media thing. In victory circle at NASCAR races there is a must get shot for everyone that only last a couple seconds. As still media photographers we are packed onto a small bleacher shoulder to shoulder head to head, The use of elbows is common practice just to maintain your own legitimate space so you can move your arms. Most guys are not too aggressive about it but there always seems to be that one ***whole.

Only rookies make the big mistake. That one would be to suddenly stand up from a crouch or seated position at the second the shot becomes available, blocking several shooters behind you! There is a time and place for violence. If your that stupid you deserve to have or ass kicked. It happens. Thats why only rookies try the stunt and only once.

I'm saying I don't blame the camera op, You can not show up late and jump to to the front. That's why he (still guy) ended up on his but.

Steve