View Full Version : AVCHD camcorder transfer to PC failure

Roy Alexander
September 22nd, 2017, 03:13 AM
Hi. I am using a Panasonic Camcorder HC-X920 and I transfer the clips from the Camcorder to a PC for editing with Adobe CS5 premiere using the correct cable. This has worked well but this morning when I attempted a Transfer the Camcorder LCD screen showed the choice between the PC or a recorder as usual, but when selecting PC nothing more happened but it did say "Read only". Not being a technical man I don't know if that "Read only" has any bearing on the subject. I hope someone can tell me how to put this matter right as without the transfer I can't edit and eventually make Blu ray or DVD video. Thanks.

Roger Gunkel
September 22nd, 2017, 04:36 AM
Hi Roy,

All my cameras are Panasonic and I have the earlier version of yours which I still use as a backup. Rather than using a transfer lead, I always remove the SD card and transfer the files directly to the computer by putting it in a card to USB adapter. Never gives me any problems at all. At least it rules out any possible problems with your lead or socket on the camera.

Roger

Roy Alexander
September 22nd, 2017, 05:55 AM
Hi ROGER. Thanks for your swift reply. I have just tried your suggestion and used a card reader and it has worked perfectly. I have used a 32GB SD card. The card currently be used in the cam is a 64GB card and although it has worked with the transfer I am wondering if that has anything to do with the failure. I really still want to know the reason for the failure so that I can perhaps put it right. BUT thanks to you I won't be stuck. Thanks again. Roy