View Full Version : Unable to set up multicam sequence in Premiere Pro CS5.

Steve Game
September 28th, 2017, 05:27 AM
I am trying to help a friend set up a multicam sequence in PP CS5 (5.0.3) on a Windows 7 laptop. My last Premiere experience, including multicam was many years ago on Premiere (not pro) 4.2 and 5.5.
I have created a new project with three short clips to make a sequence and placed them in a bin. According to the Adobe Community Help entry on multicam, I should be able to either right-click on the bin or the three highlighted clips and select the 'Create Multi-camera Source Sequence' dialog box, allowing the sequence to be setup.
When I right click on either the three clips or the Bin, there is no multicam option offered. I can however highlight a group of clips on the timeline and right-clicking them shows a 'Multicamera' option but it is greyed out. I can also open a multi-camera window from the main 'Window' dropdown menu but that shows two side-by-side images of the top timeline entry so is not ready for editing, (which I would expect as the sequence has not been set up).
I would be grateful if anybody could tell me where I am going wrong. I don't have any problems setting multicam up on Vegas pro or even Resolve so there must be a basic element that I am missing here.
TIA

Rob Cantwell
September 28th, 2017, 08:02 AM
I've done it in the past but generally these days I synchronize and do it by hand, theres lots of video tutorials online!
heres one that shows it;
https://youtu.be/C8M-Ez9r58Q

Steve Game
September 28th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Many thanks for the links. The problem that I was having concerned the help offered via the Adobe Community which when accessed through the menu gave answers applicable to Premiere CC. I couldn't find the 'Enable Multicam' function or the multicam prorperties window.
It's basically the same as Premeire 4.2 was all those years ago as I remember it, - still limited to four cameras.