View Full Version : a7sii price just increased???

Alex Anderson
October 3rd, 2017, 06:34 PM
I have followed all the retailers every day for the price drop of the a7sii cus I am considering buying one.I am also waiting to see if a new a7siii will be announced soon. Why did all the retailers raise the price up to $2700 today after it was lowered to $2500 months ago?

Andrew Smith
October 4th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Why not call and ask?

Andrew

David Barnett
October 5th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Just a (marketing) guess , maybe if an a7sii is released and priced at $2999, they want the previous model to be closely priced, so more people up it to the new model, as opposed to wanting to save $500 for the older model. Also, if the differences are minimal, people might say 'For $500 more is isn't worth it'.

Just a guess tho, but I would think its in anticipation of a new model coming out. Or just timing due to the Holidays & new year, people might tend to upgrade in this season.

Mark Rosenzweig
October 5th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Just a (marketing) guess , maybe if an a7sii is released and priced at $2999, they want the previous model to be closely priced, so more people up it to the new model, as opposed to wanting to save $500 for the older model. Also, if the differences are minimal, people might say 'For $500 more is isn't worth it'.

Just a guess tho, but I would think its in anticipation of a new model coming out. Or just timing due to the Holidays & new year, people might tend to upgrade in this season.

This is funny. When the sale price goes down, people interpret it as predicting a new model coming soon (get rid of old inventory). Now when the price goes (back) up, it is also interpreted as a new model coming soon. This is like predicting global warming based on the change in temperature from yesterday.

The fact is that Sony has always run sales, where for a time the price of certain cameras is lowered. When the sale is over, the price goes back up. They do it for lenses too. Look it up.

Paul Anderegg
October 26th, 2017, 06:27 PM
I think Sony is doing the new versions as more expensive models, not just replacement cameras. Sony still sells the non ii A7s, at a lower price obviously, and each iteration is priced higher, so no reason to lower the old models prices.

Paul

Alex Anderson
October 28th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Price just went back down. Now it's $2400 at B&H (although I would rather have a new a7siii announced and available)