View Full Version : weird Encore CS6 problem

David Banner
June 11th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Hi all.
I've been using Encore since 1.5 and for several years using CS6 and never seen this before.
Going to try to explain it without writing a book.
Made a dance recital DVD and each song is a chapter.

My chapters are basically messed up on the written DVD (8.54GB).
Nearly all the chapters play the chapter after it. Such as selecting Ch 33 actually plays chapter 34.
I set it up correctly and the Encore test preview works fine. But once the DVD is written it is not fine.
Not only that but a couple of the chapters start midway through and there aren't even any chapter markers set up for that. All my chapters are for the songs are marked at the start of the song.

This is very strange.
To thicken the plot, the DVD actually is two recitals, each recital about 34 songs. So I split the main menu to go into a sub menu for each of the two recitals. And from there each recital has 3 pages of sub-menus in order to be able to list chapters for all 34 songs.The first recital works fine on the DVD. Only the 2nd one has the problems.
So its:
MAIN MENU
----RECITAL 1 MENU
--------recital 1 submenu ch1-15
--------recital 1 submenu ch 16-29
--------recitla 1 submenu ch 30-34

----RECITAL 2 MENU
--------recital 2 submenu ch 1-15
--------recital 2 submenu ch 16-29
--------recital 2 submenu ch 30-34

David Banner
June 11th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Realized I probably need to share more useful info:

The two recitals are .m2v files imported into Encore thus no transcoding. I manually set up all the chapter marks in Encore.

The submenus were created in Encore from the blank widescreen template.
I'm bascially filling up the 8.54 GB disc to capacity

Steven Digges
June 17th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Hi David,

I used to use Encore extensively. I think this is the problem:

"I'm basically filling up the 8.54 GB disc to capacity"

I remember having "weird problems" when burning discs to capacity. Leave some free space and test again.

Kind Regards,

Steve

David Banner
June 18th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Hi Steve. Thank you very much.
I finally gave up and started an entirely new Encore project.
This time it worked fine. The main difference between all my other attempts was that on all the failed attempts I brought in the 2 main recitals already transcoded and only let Encore automatically transcode to fit a smaller slideshow video, which resulted in the DVD being pretty much full.

On my last attempt I brought in only one recital transcoded, and let Encore auto transcode the other recital plus the smaller slideshow video which resulted in a DVD with about 450MB free instead of almost nothing. So you may have nailed it. Leave more free space! :) Weird problem.