View Full Version : XL H1s recoording options?

Chris Weinmann
August 1st, 2018, 01:56 PM
I'm several years behind on this topic and wonder what might currently be the best solution/s for recording with an XL H1s without having to convert/transfer from Mini HDV tape?

Edward Carlson
August 1st, 2018, 11:08 PM
The XL-H1 has an HD-SDI output, so any number of external recorders would work. From the cheap Blackmagic Video Assist up to the Video Devices Pix E7. Basically anything that can take an HD-SDI input can record from your camera.

Ronald Jackson
August 2nd, 2018, 01:04 AM
I used a NanoFlash recorder, now a bit out of date, which recorded quite decent , if large, 1080 25p files.

I triggered the Nano "direct" via a separate "Hawkswood" trigger cable. That way no need to trouble the XLH1 tape mechanism.

Ron

Chris Weinmann
August 4th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Thanks, Ron and Edward.

I was looking at the Nano Flash X years ago but dropped the subject and have become interested again.

My impression is that few are still wrestling with tape as I am.

Sounds like, look at various external recorders, compare reviews and take it from there.

Steven Reid
August 4th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Ron and Edward.

I was looking at the Nano Flash X years ago but dropped the subject and have become interested again.

My impression is that few are still wrestling with tape as I am.

Sounds like, look at various external recorders, compare reviews and take it from there.

Chris, I have an Atomos Samurai Blade (http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/531154-atomos-samurai-blade-package-750gb-hdd-perfect-condition.html) listed on the classifieds page. It would be a good fit for your XLH1s.

-Steve

Chris Weinmann
August 7th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Steve,

Thanks, and, I haven't committed to the camera yet but if/when I do and your Blade is still available I'll be in touch. -Chris

Owen Dawe
August 15th, 2018, 01:28 AM
I'm using Blackmagic video assist on three xlh1's via sdi and am very happy with the result.