View Full Version : LUTs for pxw-z280

Rich Pfeifer
September 22nd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Hello,
What can I use or where can I find LUTs for SLOG for the pxw-z280?
Thanks

Doug Jensen
September 28th, 2018, 07:56 AM
I recommend that you this one that is already built into Resolve: LUT > 1D Input LUT > Sony Slog3 to Rec709

Cliff Totten
September 30th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Has anybody seen SLog off these tiny sensors? Does anybody know or is able to guess what the dynamic range these little guys put out?

I have not touched any direct camera files yet but much of the Z280 online videos have huge amounts of noise reduction going on. Im wondering what that noise floor looks like in SLog. Yikes!

I dunno....I need to see some real files at 0db, +6 and maybe +12db.

Anybody know what ISO that Sony has calibrated 0db to equal? (How bright or dim is 0db?...aka "native ISO")

CT

Doug Jensen
September 30th, 2018, 07:53 PM
The video referenced in this thread is all S-LOG3
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/536242-sony-z280-test-footage-part-1-a.html

It wasn't graded with the LUT mentioned above, but if I was to re-grade it today that is the LUT I would use.

Personally, I'll be using my own non-S-LOG scene file from this point forward as I think it is better than any results I can obtain with S-LOG on the Z280.

Bill Ward
October 1st, 2018, 06:23 AM
Doug: will that scene file be in your tutorial, like for many of your other super helpful camera videos?

Doug Jensen
October 1st, 2018, 04:10 PM
Bill, yes it certainly will be included. Still making a few tweeks right now, though, before I have to lock it down next week. Actually, I'm working on an HDR-SLOG3 profile and a regular SDR profile.

Bill Ward
October 2nd, 2018, 06:52 AM
Worth the price of admission right there, folks! Thanks, Doug.

Doug Jensen
October 2nd, 2018, 06:37 PM
Bill, that's nice of you to say. Thanks.