View Full Version : MicroSD Cards

Don Palomaki
November 30th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Anyone using MicroSDHC/SDXC cards for video recording in an adapter in their camcorder?

Jeff Pulera
November 30th, 2018, 10:04 AM
No, and I'd have to ask why you ask? Would seem to me that the full-size SD cards are going to offer the better performance specs, why attempt using the little guys?

Thanks

Jeff

Don Palomaki
December 2nd, 2018, 06:35 AM
why you ask?
Mainly because I've noticed that some outlets only carry the micro in stock (e.g., COSTCO).
Speed ratings look similar, main difference might to be the wrapper.around the memory chip.

While SD size is easier to handle, I'm wondering if the micro might do in a pinch.

Donald McPherson
December 2nd, 2018, 07:42 AM
Can't see why not. Many phones now shoot 4k onto micro sd cards. But I would only use as a last resort as I think these small ones might overheat in prolonged use.

Dave Baker
December 2nd, 2018, 09:56 AM
It's one more set of contacts to get dirty/damaged and the micro cards are that much easier to lose, otherwise I don't see why it can't be done. My wife uses the combination in her X-E2 so that all her SD cards are the same (tablet, GoPro etc.) and she has no problems. She stores them in adaptors so they are a little less easy to lose. I still prefer to stick with full size ones except in an emergency though.