View Full Version : C100mkii Card A Says Ended

Arthur Abramov
August 2nd, 2019, 07:24 AM
Hi,

My Canon C100mkii just suddenly stops recording in slot A. Slot A Shows Red colored sign as if the card had ended it's memory, but i only just formatted it.

I even put a different card in that A Slot, but still no respond. It Says "Ended"
Slot b Records fine. \\

Very weird, what do i do to solve it?

Chris Hurd
August 2nd, 2019, 08:22 AM
Hi Arthur,

Can you provide the specifications of the SD card(s) you're using, please?

If you're in New York, it would be worth sending your C100 Mk. to the Canon service center for a clean & check.

Arthur Abramov
August 2nd, 2019, 09:59 AM
Hi Chris, unfortunately i'm not in NY. Just a Regular SD Card i was using for several years. The thing is that i tried with a different card as well.

I'm going to reset to factory settings and see how it goes.

Chris Hurd
August 2nd, 2019, 10:13 AM
Hi Arthur, if I were you, I would do both types of resets -- the one in the menu option as well as the "hard reset" using a paper clip -- are you aware of that procedure?

Arthur Abramov
August 2nd, 2019, 01:35 PM
No' i;m not aware of the Hard Reset. How do i do that?

Chris Hurd
August 2nd, 2019, 06:09 PM
Arthur, my apologies, I am mistaken. There was a "hard reset" button on the back panel of the original C100. Looks like that feature was dropped from the Mk. II version.

I think you should reset the camera via the menu options, and if that doesn't solve the issue then I think your camera is a candidate for a service check-up by Canon.

Sorry about that,

Arthur Abramov
August 3rd, 2019, 10:46 PM
Wow i got it fixed somehow. Apparently the camera struggled with some "files name issue" thus the problem with recording.

I was originally shooting only double recording, but last time i shot, i switched it to single card recording "Continues Recording mode" in the middle of the shoot without formating it, and my guess was that the camera got confused and market the slot A as a full card.

Anyway, the way i managed to fix it was :
I switched to Avchd Recording mode from MP4 which i use regularly. Then switched it back to MP4 , and Walla, it was fixed.

I hope this helps other members as well.

Thank you Chris.

Chris Hurd
August 4th, 2019, 06:50 AM
That's great news. Thanks for the report, Arthur!