View Full Version : I have a question about how filmfreeway works.

Ryan Elder
December 11th, 2019, 12:24 AM
On filmfreeway, you can upload your movie to the site, and then send it out to whichever festival you wish.

However, since different festivals require the movie to be in different specs, then what's the point of uploading to filmfreeway at all then?

Josh Bass
December 11th, 2019, 12:52 AM
Its probably like withoutabox where the upload is just for to streamline submissions so you dont have to mail out a physical copy and paperwork etc to every fest. The upload is a screener for them to determine of they want the film at all. Dont worry about individual fest specs til youre actually accepted. Completely pointless.

Ryan Elder
December 11th, 2019, 12:55 AM
Oh I see, that makes sense! I thought that filmfreeway would just mail the festival the movie. I see makes, sense. Thanks.

One of the festivals so far, also asks this question before submitting that you have to fill out "Please provide the names and emails of the people on the film you would like considered for best research"

I have no idea what they mean when they ask that. Does that make any sense?

Josh Bass
December 11th, 2019, 12:57 AM
Not to me. Is the fest hosted somewhere where English is the native language?

Ryan Elder
December 11th, 2019, 01:12 AM
Nope it's in Canada not too far from where I live, so it's English.

Brian Drysdale
December 11th, 2019, 02:44 AM
Just give the details of a key person in the crew or cast (clear it first) or don't bother with the question. I doubt they'll even ask.

I've been asked how many credit cards were used to make the film in one film festival application..

Ryan Elder
December 11th, 2019, 02:46 AM
Yeah I've been asked questions about the budget too, and it seems strange. But I will do that and just add one person. Thanks!

Brian Drysdale
December 11th, 2019, 03:06 AM
They never asked about the budget.

Ryan Elder
December 11th, 2019, 03:23 AM
Oh okay, so far one festival asked me the budget.