View Full Version : Asus Nexus 7 Tablet as External Monitor on C100 II

Hank Ebert
February 5th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Is it possible to use an Asus Nexus 7 tablet on a Canon C100 Mark II as an external monitor? I have conducted an Internet search and I cannot find anything related to the C100. I have found where you can purchase an Ap and use the tablet on Canon DSLRs, but not the C100 video cameras.

Pete Cofrancesco
February 5th, 2020, 04:10 PM
You need to buy a field monitor.

Despite the low price and high resolution screens devices such as tablets, laptops, phones, etc, can not be used as monitors. Even if they have a hdmi port, it can not be used to receive a video signal.

Nate Haustein
February 5th, 2020, 07:34 PM
From what I recall, you can use a phone/tablet as a monitor using the C100mk2’s “browser remote” function. It’s not a perfect solution, but it should work. Some info here:

https://www.streamingmedia.com/Producer/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/5-Ways-to-Use-the-Wi-Fi-Functions-on-the-Canon-EOS-C100-Mark-II-104566.aspx

Pete Cofrancesco
February 5th, 2020, 07:58 PM
I didn’t know it had wifi capability with a remote control app. That’s a nice option but I still prefer a field monitors with waveform, zebras, peaking, no delay, and hard wired. Depends on how the OP intends to use it.

Nate Haustein
February 5th, 2020, 10:55 PM
I agree Pete! As an operator, there’s really no substitute for even a cheap HDMI monitor. $100 gets a lot these days. I remember using the C100 browser remote as a secondary option, when I was adjusting lighting or directing and someone else was operating the camera. It was nice to have in those scenarios though.

Donald McPherson
February 6th, 2020, 12:57 AM
Almost all computers (PC, MAC, Tablets, and Phones) the HDMI only outputs. Such a shame as they could make for monitors.