View Full Version : Directorial opportunity

Greg Miller
February 16th, 2021, 10:29 PM
Please see details below. This is not from me, just a repost of something I found that might be a good opportunity for the right person.

https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/6812651177.html

Doug Jensen
February 17th, 2021, 01:10 PM
Seriously? This is a complete scam. You have been duped. Please delete the thread before it attracts more crap like this.

Greg Miller
February 17th, 2021, 04:12 PM
I haven't been duped. It's obviously a joke: there is no "reply to" address or phone number. Aside from that, the content is obviously not for real. A 7-year old kid with a quarter-million budget? Who would take this seriously?

If humor isn't allowed in this forum, I'm sure Chris knows how to delete it.

Doug Jensen
February 17th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Sorry if I misunderstood your intent. I am not against a little humor mixed into a conversation, but I think starting a new thread for something like this is inappropriate for a professional forum and wastes people's time. Anyway, I wish you luck and hope you get the job.

Greg Miller
February 17th, 2021, 05:03 PM
I would not have posted it, except that I thought it had some relevance to a number of very longish threads that have appeared here over the past few years. Some people will know what I mean.

Anyway, I wish you luck and hope you get the job.

Very good! However, I am not looking for a job ... I am the 7-year-old kid whose mother posted the original ad. ;)

Josh Bass
February 17th, 2021, 06:04 PM
Aw, come one. Every forum has to have that "fun" section for stuff like this. It can't ALL be "how do I flangellate my diggledoppus if my flamforb is storasticated?"

Doug Jensen
February 17th, 2021, 06:39 PM
It can't ALL be "how do I flangellate my diggledoppus if my flamforb is storasticated?"

Why not? I can tell that YOU are doing it the wrong way. You've got to furbulate more around edges below the rectation region. Even a 7 year old like Greg knows that.

Josh Bass
February 17th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately thats not a valid solution because its still illegal in the Southern states.

Pete Cofrancesco
February 17th, 2021, 07:29 PM
If it was from the Saskatoon region I might have bitten. (only because I'm very hungry and slightly bored.) Shame on you Greg.

Greg Miller
February 17th, 2021, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately thats not a valid solution because its still illegal in the Southern states.

Only illegal if you make a video. It's OK if you just use an old-fashioned mirror.

Doug Jensen
February 17th, 2021, 10:18 PM
Only illegal if you make a video.

Not true. There was ruling by a judge in Omaha that a video would be legal as long as it has lots of shallow depth of field, ungraded LOG, and judicious use of slow motion. In other words, it has to be tastefully done.
So pick up the camera and commence flangellating as the mood strikes you.

Andrew Smith
February 18th, 2021, 01:21 AM
Didn't the Pope once comment about flangellating your diggledoppus and then going blind? It was a long time ago so the details are sketchy.

Andrew

Boyd Ostroff
February 18th, 2021, 06:20 AM
Not funny IMO, and DVInfo does have a "fun" section (TOTEM) but this isn't it. You might have at least used a smiley. But "whatever".

Steven Digges
February 18th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Best thread I have read on here in a few years. I actually smiled! Nothing wrong with that.

Josh even made me grin. That has definitely never happened before...

Steve