View Full Version : JVS LS300 Screen Issue

Luke Miller
July 19th, 2021, 08:11 AM
The screen on my camera has stopped staying in place when fully open. The detent that holds it there no longer works. This does not appear to be the wobbly screen discussed issue in the other thread. Any one else experience this and is there a fix?

Thanks,
Luke

Steve Ritchie
August 8th, 2021, 11:52 AM
Hi Luke,

I received your message and sent you an email about the screen - just following up and making sure you received the message, I have not heard back. Have you had any luck diagnosing the screen? My suspicion is that one of the screws may have wobbled completely free from the screen hinge bracket. Do you hear any loose screws in the camera?

Luke Miller
August 9th, 2021, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the follow up Steve.

I did not receive your email. No sign of anything loose. The flip out LCD works normally except it will not go to the full open position and and only stays in place due to friction. So it seems the return spring that holds the LCD closed is no longer working and possibly restricting movement to the full open position.

After looking at the photos in the wobbly screen thread I think I can see what the issue is. The spring shown in several images appears to provide the return pressure and detent for the LCD. My guess is the spring has become detached from the LCD but remains connected to the Body.