View Full Version : UWOL61 The Dirty details of Winter Wonderland by Trond Saetre

Trond Saetre
February 1st, 2022, 11:43 AM
Winter time in the mountains. Snow is white, everything else turns dark, or the snow is blown out to properly expose everything else. You don't see much details.
But that changes when you zoom in and see the details. All the small things so easy overlooked, comes into view. And this was the goal, to show the small things and hopefully show that drones are great for the overview and big picture, but you need to get down to earth and zoom in to see the details.
Filming handheld in the wind we had one of the days I was filming, was a challenge in itself.

Any feedback is welcome. And as always, my entry is exempted from the judging, since I knew the theme in advance.

UWOL61 - The dirty details of winter wonderland by Trond Saetre on Vimeo

Mick Jenner
February 3rd, 2022, 04:31 AM
Hi Trond. Great film, like the way you start the the overview of very little detail and then change the mood of the film when you film atground level showing natures intricate details. A well thought out film that I enjoyed watching.

Paul Mailath
February 3rd, 2022, 06:23 PM
I'll never get over the feeling that show is such an exotic thing, it may be common and nothing special to those who have to live there but every vista is wonderful to me. I think this is a great glimpse into the world around you. and I like the introduction of the warmth from the sun when you move into the details - very enjoyable

Trond Saetre
February 4th, 2022, 01:24 AM
Mick and Paul, thank you very much for your comments.

Paul, everything we don't have where we live, can feel exotic. So I understand what you mean by snow is exotic for you. For me, tropical wildlife and nature like your palm trees, is exotic.

Geir Inge
February 4th, 2022, 08:42 AM
Hi Trond.
Thank you for running the site and for also providing movies.
We have chosen drone video both this time.
I sit Hardangevidda, this time?
Nice film and thanks for sharing.

Trond Saetre
February 4th, 2022, 08:57 AM
Geir Inge, thank you for the comments.
Yes, I filmed near Maurset, on the west side of the Hardangervidden.
The drone can do so much to improve the films, especially for the wide shots of the area. And I find it easy to combine filming with the drone and my good old Canon XF300.

Bob Safay
February 6th, 2022, 05:46 PM
Trond, my it sure looks cold there. I enjoyed the way you transitioned from aerial shots to close-up shots. Like the other videos in this challenge, you showed us what beauty there is in nature if you only took the time to look, really look. Bob

Roger Van Duyn
February 6th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Trond, excellent work. For me it's like seeing a film showing wonders from exploring an alien world. Where you live is so different from where I live here in Florida.

Trond Saetre
February 7th, 2022, 04:06 AM
... you showed us what beauty there is in nature if you only took the time to look, really look. Bob
Thank you, Bob. That was the thought behind this theme. To make people slow down and really see what nature has to offer, and not just "see without seeing."

Trond, excellent work. For me it's like seeing a film showing wonders from exploring an alien world. Where you live is so different from where I live here in Florida.
Thank you for the comments, Roger! Much appreciated. And I see Florida as an exotic place. Always nice to see how it is in different parts of the world.
Feel free to participate in future challenges if you want to. You are most welcome!