View Full Version : UWOL62 The results

Trond Saetre
May 9th, 2022, 06:02 AM
A big thanks and well done to those of you who submitted an entry. It was a tough theme this round, but from the votes I received, it was clearly difficult to pick one winner out of the three entries. As often before, every film got one or more votes for the first place.

Thank you to everyone who voted as well!

With only 3 films, only a winner will be published.

Winning film of the 62nd Under Water, Over Land challenge:
Springtime, by Bob Safay

Next challenge:

Signup opens: May 13, 2022
Theme release: June 1, 2022.
Deadline: Sunday, July 31, 2022, midnight wherever you are (notice 2 months challenge )

Geir Inge
May 9th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Congratulations Bob, well done.

Roger Van Duyn
May 9th, 2022, 01:54 PM
it was clearly difficult to pick one winner out of the three entries.

All three videos were excellent. It was a tough theme and I didn't come up with a concept to submit something myself. Of the three submissions, I still don't know which I'd pick to be the winner. Bob's blizzard ending really caught me by surprise. We had maybe one or two days here a little south of where he lives, where we got a slight frost and that was it, all winter. In my 66 years all my life has been lived here in Florida. This was the warmest winter I remember.

Paul Mailath
May 9th, 2022, 07:28 PM
Congrats Bob, it certainly was a tough one, I was stumped for a while but then a couple of ideas popped through. One that I really liked I ended up leaving for my assistant to film (who bailed again) I should have kept that one, it came from a play on the actual words of the theme.

"somethings not right"
if it's not right then it's - left

what's left in nature that's not right

rubbish

of course, I'll never have an idea that good again

Bob Safay
May 10th, 2022, 04:53 AM
Thank you all. This was tough. I really lucked out by having that late spring snow fall. That is quite rare in Atlanta for that time of year. Paul, that would have been a great idea about what is left in nature....not much. Thanks again to everyone. Can't wait for the next challenge. Bob