View Full Version : Video hosting service (Dance Recital / Wedding)

LeVan Moxley
May 11th, 2022, 08:21 AM
I'm looking for recommendations on a video hosting service. I have clients asking for a way to access Dance recital videos and wedding videos online via a phone or a tablet. The DVD market has gone by the wayside.

My grandkids go to several Dance competitions where their video deliver system is all online streaming or downloading. At these competitions you only get the Dances that your kid, or grandkid, is participating in. I'm sure there are multiple companies that offer something like this, but I'm not finding anything specific to this via Google search. There are many, many video hosting platforms, but they seem to be for other purposes and I've not come across any that I'm know will fit what I'm looking for. I was hoping someone here had some experience with a particular video server/host that worked well for them for such a purpose.

Thanks

Pete Cofrancesco
May 11th, 2022, 08:56 AM
Vimeo. They’re great been using them for years no complaints.

LeVan Moxley
May 11th, 2022, 09:24 AM
Thanks Pete. So do you use Vimeo for the entire recital or do you use it for individual dances? Do you make your videos public or private?

Pete Cofrancesco
May 11th, 2022, 04:30 PM
Thanks Pete. So do you use Vimeo for the entire recital or do you use it for individual dances? Do you make your videos public or private?
I upload the entire performance and email a private link to those who have ordered a digital download. I don't want to get involved in managing and selling individual clips, but everyone has their own business practices.