View Full Version : good bag for the hvr-a1u

Manuel Albarracin
November 10th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Finally I got the camera, I was surprise by the size. It's like an expensive toy.

Please suggest a bag for the camera especially wheh the is microphone mounted.

Also is the a fanny pack that will be able to accomodate the camera in case I need to good covert.

thanks guys.... hey this camera is cool

Alexander Karol
November 11th, 2005, 12:35 AM
I am using the VA5 bag from SONY. I had this bag since my PC330 years back and it still fits the A1 quite nicely. However, I cannot fit it with the microphone on. I can take it apart and place the audio module on top of the camcorder. I am also capable of fitting all the included wires and ac adapter, 8 tapes, remote, hood and the Y lens in a very small space. I highly recommend it.

David Dare Parker
November 12th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Check out a Domke F-803

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=16034&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

I have one of these with my Sony A1P. Fits camera and mic beautifully.

regards,

David

Jeremiah Hall
November 14th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I ordered a compact bag from Petrol with my A1U. They should both be arriving sometime this week.

Manuel Albarracin
November 15th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Is this the one that is in the accessories tab in B & H Photovideo?

How about one that is like a fanny pack?

Jeremiah Hall
November 15th, 2005, 06:21 PM
It is. I looked it up at Petrol's website and decided it would work. I like a larger bag so I can cart around the accesories, so for me a fanny pack wouldn't work.

Jeremiah Hall
November 17th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Got it. The Petrol bag works well with the xlr adapter and microphone attached to the camera. It holds all the cables, camera, etc., with no problems. I like the adjustable pockets inside the bag, and there is a wonderful slim side velcro pocket that holds the camera manual. Granted, I miss my old hard case from my GL1, but I think this will do just fine.