View Full Version : Neat Footage

Matthew Wauhkonen
November 27th, 2005, 10:46 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~wauhkies/Sequence_1.mov

Ben Winter
November 27th, 2005, 10:54 PM
This makes me so friggin happy.

Just imagine how amateurish and dumb that would've looked without the adapter. With the adapter, there's a whole new level of respectability that makes the viewer ignore the real aspects of the video and delve straight into the story.

All hail shallow DOF!

Nice low-light shots there too. What adapter did you use?

Awesome!

Yasser Kassana
November 28th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Is it the Guerilla35?

Wayne Kinney
November 28th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Im guessing that was your microwax adapter, matthew?

Marcus Marchesseault
November 28th, 2005, 07:17 AM
WHOA!! That clip totally crashed firefox twice! It crashed so bad that it went into "can't end program in debug mode".

I looked at it in another browser and it was fine. I would like to know what adapter that is as well. If it's microwax, I'm sold.

Also, I don't think it actually was low-light video. I think it was just lit to look like that. Lighting technique is amazingly critical to getting decent video.

Xeaver Dupre
November 28th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Nice footage, which camera was it shot on, was it shot in 24fps, did u use SG35 or LETUS35

Oscar Spierenburg
November 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM
...of course he made his own adapter. Lets not presume everyone is buying his adapter. The last time Matthew wrote on this board he was working on a wax adapter. Pardon me...a neat wax adapter.

Mikko Parttimaa
November 28th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I think he uses DVX100. I have seen him talk about buying Guerilla35 somewhere here. Wonder if he got tired of messing around with wax and got one of those?

Nice footage by the way!

Matthew Wauhkonen
November 28th, 2005, 07:57 PM
It's my home built adapter, but I'm still probably going to buy a Guerilla35 once they come out because I love the footage I can get with microwax, but need a more durable unit and also because my macro lens sucks.

It's actually not so great in low light, unfortunately. All these scenes were (poorly) lit but I tried to motivate the lights to seem a bit more natural than a single spotlight.

The adapter is a lot of fun to shoot with, though. I've worked with a mini35 and PL-mount primes, too (cookes, zeiss's, etc.) and I loved that set up a lot.

Bill Porter
November 30th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Hey Matt,

Nice work on your wax! Keep it up!

To whoever asked what camera and mode Matt used, I too believe he has a DVX. Can't recall whether it's a 100 or a 100A. Matt?

Anhar Miah
November 30th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Homebuilt hey? cool thats an amazing feat!
I really like the image very natural looking.
Could you please post a picture of your devilisly wicked adaptor? :)

Anhar

Matthew Wauhkonen
December 1st, 2005, 10:22 AM
The adapter looks like some PVC pipe spray painted black with a nikon mount on one end. It's supported by plastic knives duct taped to the sides. Pretty ugly, actually. And while I'm quite proud of it working as well as it does, it does have some issues, like light loss, and general cruddiness, and a very bad macro lens. I will probably buy a G35 because it has a similar design (familiar to me) and fixes these issues, I assume.

I used a dvx100a, by the way, and shot in 24pA with a shutter speed of 1/48th, if anyone is curious. This was shot super quickly, though, with home depot work lights and next to no set up time, by which I mean literally a minute or two per set up, although longer for the master of course.

Bill Porter
April 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Matt, what else have you been up to with your G35 and DVX?

Frank Hool
April 9th, 2006, 03:27 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~wauhkies/Sequence_1.mov

this link seems broken :(

Page URL Not Found!!

The requested page does not exist on this server. The URL you typed or followed is either outdated or inaccurate.

Matthew Wauhkonen
April 14th, 2006, 11:01 PM
I took that footage down so that I could host "what I've been up to."

There's about a 5% chance I'll enter it into DVX fest, and it's not done besides, but if you want to see...shoot me a PM.

Sadly, my dvx needs $600 worth of repairs on top of the $250 I just put into it and I've been busy in school so I may not even finish. Such is life...