View Full Version : Saw the P2 today at DV Expo

Tony Levelle
December 8th, 2005, 10:17 PM
A very impressive camera. I'm thinking seriously about getting one.

Before listening to Jan Crittenden's presentation I really didn't understand that it shoots variable frame rates, and has selectable formats.

I like the idea of solid state cards, too. They are bound come down in price over the next year.

I still have questions... may learn more at tomorrow's workshops...

1. If i shoot HD with the P2, what is best editing system? Premiere Pro? Final Cut pro? Avid?

2. What monitor for editing? A good broadcast monitor would be prohibitively expensive. Should I be looking at a DLP projector as a way of seeing what i'm really shooting?

3. What field monitor?

Philip Williams
December 8th, 2005, 10:21 PM
A very impressive camera. I'm thinking seriously about getting one.

Before listening to Jan Crittenden's presentation I really didn't understand that it shoots variable frame rates, and has selectable formats.

I like the idea of solid state cards, too. They are bound come down in price over the next year.

I still have questions... may learn more at tomorrow's workshops...

1. If i shoot HD with the P2, what is best editing system? Premiere Pro? Final Cut pro? Avid?

2. What monitor for editing? A good broadcast monitor would be prohibitively expensive. Should I be looking at a DLP projector as a way of seeing what i'm really shooting?

3. What field monitor?

You may want to examing the faqs at dvxuser.com for the HVX 200. Most of your questions will likely be answered there.

I will quickly say that Premiere doesn't support DVCPROHD yet. However I imagine that's going to change soon.

Tony Levelle
December 8th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks, will check out FAQ.

I also read earlier post:

"Best editing platform for HVX?"