View Full Version : XL H1 and 24F

Pages : 1 [2]

Chris Hurd
December 26th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah, you're hooked all right. And that's one way of getting my attention! Enjoy Kong,

Levan Bakhia
December 28th, 2005, 03:12 AM
So, I am now confused, I already allocated $9000 in my budget to buy one XL H1, and now that you decided to do the test, wonder if I should wait or not. If you do it soon enough I will wait, if not I don't think I should.

Shannon, why don't you shoot something with mini35 and post the footage? I really want to see it. Please do so. Because when all of you talk about 24p as something so important for filmlike look, why do you forget about DOF, without it all of 24p is nothing.

Levan Bakhia
December 28th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Oh, and one more question, it might be stupid but and forgive me, but if I have XL H1 what is the procedure of capturing from tape to my computer, please consider that I have MAC not PC. and I mean to capture 24p, or 24f whatever.

:*) thanks for the answer, if you do so.

Levan Bakhia
December 28th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Oh, and I have Decklink PRO HD card.

:*)

Ron Pfister
December 28th, 2005, 03:52 AM
I can't give you information from first-hand experience, but this is how it should work:

With the Decklink card, you can capture uncompressed 4:2:2 HD via HD SDI directly (while you are shooting) --> Massive amounts of data (~10 GB/min)!!

Footage recorded on tape (HDV) can be captured via HDVxDV, afaik. I don't think FCP is capable of capturing HDV directly from the XL H1 at this point, but I'm not sure. I'm sure Apple will fix this in the near future, though.

Nick Hiltgen and A.J. deLangue (members on the forum here) have hands-on experience with the XL H1 and a Mac workflow. Maybe they can chime in?