View Full Version : HVX Greenback footage making collaboration/Virtual Lab

Kaku Ito
January 3rd, 2006, 04:49 AM
With the result of what Jim Arthurs demonstrated with my clip and his motion tracked CG, I would like to start a new thread, strictly suggesting and talking towards creating greenback footage with HVX and reflecmedia, so people can use that to test the chromakey effect.

Let's try to keep track strictly greenback.

I'm going to do the first testing tomorrow with not much knowledge, so I hope people with more knowleges in lighting, settings in the camera, what the cast should do can cooperate to do this. Many thanks in advance.

I have a HVX200, HVR-A1, Reflecmedia Blue and Greean Litering, 2m x 2m chromatte, Kona LHe with G5 Quad and Huge Fiber Raid, Multibridge, DecklinkHD and so on. We can do analog component out to Multibridge and to Kona LHe and record whatever supported codec we wish within FCP5.

Jim Arthurs
January 3rd, 2006, 08:46 AM
Sounds great Kaku!

A possiblility is to test the same subject in all three of the codecs... DVCPRO 50 has the potential to be the highest quality, and then testing the same subject in 720 and 1080... You could also record a bit of that same subject uncompressed into your sytem for comparison.

Then folks can try and key your footage in whatever software they normally use and compare results.

Jim Arthurs

Shannon Rawls
January 3rd, 2006, 10:56 AM
Kaku,

I thought you sold your HVR-A1? You kept it?

- ShannonRawls.com

Kaku Ito
January 3rd, 2006, 06:19 PM
Jim,

Great. I will do that.

Shannon, I sold FX1 and HC1. I had to keep one because I have many footages that I did not edit yet.

So, the comparison is possible.

Kaku Ito
January 6th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Our green litering had to go out for loaner, so I will let you know as soon as I get it back.