View Full Version : mixing platforms to make dvd

Jamie Rinehart
January 6th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Quite simply here's the deal, I would like to burn a DVD from Encore on my work PC from a movie that I edited from Premiere 6.5 on my Mac, any ideas?

I have been using Premiere 6.5 on my powerbook for years now, mainly because i can't afford an upgrade to FCP, and my finished products have all been burned to DVD using Toast 6 (please stop cringing). I obviously have not been pleased with the job that Toast does on encoding and burning, but again i have lack of funds.

So, I got a new job where my employer graced me with a Dell GX270 and the Adobe Production bundle. I have been happier with the encodings and burning of Encore (after i learned some hard lessons on unknown errors). So i have a wedding video that I would like to transfer from the Mac to burn in Encore. I have tried and succeeded in moving over the raw quicktime renders from the mac to the PC and playing them in a QT viewer, but Encore won't recognize the .mov file as a legitimate format. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Christopher Lefchik
January 6th, 2006, 10:10 AM
What version of Encore DVD do you have? According to the manual Encore DVD 1.5 can import .mov files (transcoded automatically on import), so long as they have the correct frame rate and frame size. Encore DVD version 1, on the other hand, could only import DirectShow supported file types. I would assume this would rule out QuickTime, but I could be wrong.

Jamie Rinehart
January 9th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I am using Encore 1.5 and upon inport it flashes me an error screen that says that the file is not supported, even after i add the .mov label to the end of the file name. The experimental movie was render to quicktime DV, 4:3 video, at 29.97 fps, 48k audio. You know the standard stuff. So i'm stumped.

Christopher Lefchik
January 10th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I am using Encore 1.5 and upon inport it flashes me an error screen that says that the file is not supported, even after i add the .mov label to the end of the file name. The experimental movie was render to quicktime DV, 4:3 video, at 29.97 fps, 48k audio. You know the standard stuff. So i'm stumped.
Does your video frame size conform to one of these: 720 x 480, 720 x 486, or 704 x 480? These are the sizes Encore DVD 1.5 can import for NTSC video. If it does conform to one of these sizes, then I'm stumped as well.