View Full Version : Laguna Beach parody video

Thomas OHara
January 8th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I made this for my friend's class project- they were supposed to do community service work which seems really dull, so we spiced it up a little. need QT7 to view.
enjoy
http://www.t-mun-e.com/movies/lamesabeach.mov

Bigo Hoggins
January 18th, 2006, 01:53 PM
all the views and no replys . well I thought it was cool . you really captured the feel. my boy likes that show im going to send him the link LOL.

Andy Graham
January 18th, 2006, 04:21 PM
It IS strange you've had so many views and no replies. I agree with Bigo it was well composed and well edited and a good choice of music...good job

Andy.

Greg Boston
January 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM
So Thomas, what night will this new teen drama show be airing? Seriously, I liked it. It was like watching the opening of a network show. Good job.

-gb-

Thomas OHara
January 18th, 2006, 04:51 PM
hey thanks guys.
The real show airs on MTV, I'm pretty sure they're in the process of making season 3 right now. The real show uses panasonic SDX900 cameras to give the show a cinematic look, making it different from most reality shows.

I, on the other hand, use a DVX100a. If you guys are interested in seeing the actual thing i'm parodying, check out mtv.com, then do a search for "laguna beach" and look in the video section. There should be a clip called "meet the cast" and it is the intro to the show, which aired the first season.
mtv.com doesn't seem to like any web browser other than IE, just so you know.
take care and keep shooting.

Dave Herring
January 20th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Nice graphics package, what's the origin?

Thomas OHara
January 20th, 2006, 04:04 PM
thx, i use sony vegas 5, and adobe photoshop 7

Dave Herring
January 21st, 2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks!

Got good friends in San Diego, all work in high end, network gigs. Keep up the tite work, you'll go places.

Travis Cossel
January 28th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Nice editing. If I can make one suggestion, use some color correction to get better consistency in the different shots. That's the only thing that took me out of it really.

Gene Timothy
March 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
What do you call the wipes that you used when you showed the personalities?actors?? I really liked them:)

Thomas OHara
March 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
i believe they are the "venetian blinds" on vegas 5.0

Kevin Calumpit
March 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM
YAY!!! captured SD in all its glory.....:)

i liked it...