View Full Version : Bought PAL by mistake

Larry E Hobbs
January 13th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Hello Everyone
I am new to this board and new to video. The question is I just bought a Canon XL2. The problem is I live in US and I just found out this camera is a pal camera. Did I mess up and waste my money? Can I use this camera here in the US? The only thing this camera will shoot is allot of Drag Racing and sports.(Football, Baseball ,etc.) and maybe the occasional wedding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.
Gene
www.prophotoproductions.com

Camren Cheline
January 13th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Is it too late to switch it for the NTSC? Most retailers I imagine would understand the mistake and trade it out.

Miguel Lombana
January 13th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Hello Everyone
I am new to this board and new to video. The question is I just bought a Canon XL2. The problem is I live in US and I just found out this camera is a pal camera. Did I mess up and waste my money? Can I use this camera here in the US? The only thing this camera will shoot is allot of Drag Racing and sports.(Football, Baseball ,etc.) and maybe the occasional wedding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.
Gene
www.prophotoproductions.com

Did you get it on Ebay or something? I can't imagine a US Retailer purposely selling you a PAL camera, you need to contact who you got it from and work it out or you might have problems.