View Full Version : Adobe Premiere Elements output video jitters when burnt to DVD

Matt Thornton
January 16th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Hiya,

I have a question, hope someone can help!!

I have a JVC harddisk camcorder, i imported the .mod extension files in to Adobe Premiere elements 2.0, edited the videos, added some transitions etc, encoded the project in best quality PAL format. 1hr was about 3GBish.

The outputted files works fine on the computer but when I burn to DVD it starts jittering. This only happens when the camera is panning around. When the camera is still it appears ok. The burnt DVD works a lot better when played in a DVD drive in the computer, although not perfect as it does direct from the files on the hard drive.

I have created a DVD already using Powerdirector express which came with the camcorder and it worked fine. I have also used different DVD-R and +R's aswell as different DVD writers with Abode Premiere Elements 2.0, so im presuming its something to do with Adobe Premiere

Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Rob Lohman
January 17th, 2006, 03:58 AM
If the files playback perfectly before the burn then it sounds like the DVD
authoring application or burner software is perhaps re-encoding. If not, then
it sounds you may have an interlacing problem. If I remember both PAL DV
and PAL DVD should be lower field first. Or is this progressive? If so, make
sure that your project and encoding settings reflect it being progressive!

Matt Thornton
January 17th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks, i'll have a look to see if i can set it to progressive!

i tried exporting the video in MPG and played it in media player and it was jittering then, so i think its probably an interlacing problem or somthing on those lines! i'll have a look, thanks again!

Alec Lence
January 17th, 2006, 01:09 PM
It could also be a hardware issue - what are your system specs?

Matt Thornton
January 17th, 2006, 01:15 PM
rite, well, this is the only thing ive not tried out!

I can burn a video from my camcorder to DVD using PowerDirector no problems on one computer, but i bought adobe premier Elements 2.0 but have to use it on another PC as it requires a CPU which supports SSE2 which mines doesn't. The spec of the other computer is better than that of mine tho.

It is an AMD 64 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard disk. Not sure of the other spec without looking in to it futher.

Both computers run Windows XP

Thanks,

Matt