View Full Version : MPEGstreamclip going from m2t to Quicktime...problems!!!

Nicholas Natteau
January 16th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Recently purchased and tested the Firestore FS-4. Had no problems whatsoever capturing the clips perfectly as m2t files in the FS-4.

But when I run those m2t files through MPEGstreamclip to translate them into Quicktime files so FCP can read them, the clips get corrupted.

The translated QT files seem speeded-up as though I had been recording through my Sony Z1U at high speed / fast forward speed. Please see the file in question, pay close attention to how the cars go by at top speed in the middle of the clip:

http://www.joric.com/freewayclip.mov

No problems with the m2t files, the problems occur after those files get translated into QT files.

Is MPEG streamclip the problem? Is there any other solution for translating m2t to Quicktime other than MPEGstream clip???

Desperate to find a solution.

- Nicholas

David Kennett
January 17th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Nicholas,

Strange things can happen to MPEG streams if we don't watch out. I would guess that the Firestore has captured to a file with a minor glitch that may be ignored by many players, etc. MPG2repair is freeware pgm that might help. VideoReDo cleaned up some files which MPG2Repair showed had many TimeStamp errors. VLC might help by "re-encapsulating" the stream.

Good luck!

Nicholas Natteau
January 17th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately, MPEGstreamclip is doing this to every single m2t file it converts to Quicktime. Also, unfortunately, all of those programs you mentioned for for PC users. Could you recommend any other Mac program besides MPEGstreamclip???

Thank you in advance,

- Nicholas

David Kennett
January 19th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I think VLC is available for the mac. I know it is available for many platforms. It's a handy little thing to have. In addition to a player, it can capture and send an assortment of streams. It can convert and re-encode. And it's freeware.