View Full Version : Urgent Request: 1 day loaner HVX for Showreel/"24"

Taylor Wigton
January 21st, 2006, 02:08 AM
As things go, the HVX does not seem like it will materialize by way of Panasonic as it pertains to testing it on the set of "24" as part of the series of tests that myself and Rodney Charters are working on. There were a few posts on the original thread in response the HVX loaner inquiry I made and there were several names and phone numbers of potential owner/operators of the HVX in the Los Angeles area that might be willing to make that offer, but I went back to the thread and the posts seemed to have disappeared. I did not write the telephone numbers/names in time, and this has us in a slight pickle in that we are have a narrow window whereby that camera must be tested no later then 2/3/06. 1 day only, and aside from being extremely grateful for any leads, I will cover the loaned HVX with some paper towels so that when the big explosion happens, the paper towels burn and the camera is safe! (kidding, we'll use blankets ;-0)

Ok, for real now. As of now, camera will be locked down on sticks or dolly ONLY and used ONLY in the "CTU" and will not be subject to anything that would pose a danger to the camera itself.

Many thanks up front to everyone who has offered kind words and as well as your equipment offerings. RE: LA based HVX owners- email me off list if you'd prefer. FWIW, Steve Parker and Rodney Charters are equally grateful for any leads anyone provides.

Part 2 should be printed by the end of Feb '06. Be in touch, and take care to all. Taylor

Chris Hurd
January 21st, 2006, 02:15 AM
Taylor, sending you an email now.