View Full Version : Audio cracks on DVD

Marion Abrams
January 30th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I've just finished a program in Premiere. The audio sounds fine when I play it back. But when I export to create a DVD the audio cracks and pops. It sounds like some areas are peaking, but as I said it sounds fine in premiere.

I've tried exporting as a DV movie and making the MPEG in ProCoder, and I tried using the Adobe media encoder.

Please help! I have a DVD to deliver and I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

Marion

Jean-Francois Robichaud
January 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
If you export the movie as a DV AVI and listen to it on your PC, do you get the same problem? This is definitely what I would expect from a audio peak.

Check the audio meter as you listen to the audio in Premiere. Does it turn red? A quick and easy fix would be to lower the level of the master track. But if you can pinpoint the exact elements that cause the volume to peak, it might be better to keyframe at these points.

When the audio peaks in Premiere you won't hear the distortion. That's why you need to pay close attention to the audio levels.

Marion Abrams
January 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM
If you export the movie as a DV AVI and listen to it on your PC, do you get the same problem? This is definitely what I would expect from a audio peak.

yes it does, I'm trying the export with the master level lower now. Thanks!

Paul Gallagher
February 1st, 2006, 04:15 AM
I had the same problem and posted a thread on it with some great help from Chris.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=52743
Hope it helps you as well.