View Full Version : Something weird happened

Chris Fritsche
February 1st, 2006, 10:46 PM
ok, I went and shot some video today of go-kart racing. I got excited to play the footage, opend FCP, and started to capture, at first I was just watching and waiting to set an out point, and all of a sudden the color bars came up, even though the video was playing and I could see the picture on the camera.
I stopped it, rewond and played again, same thing.
So i decide to capture, it started "batch capture" and then stopped after 4 sec's. the error message said there was something wrong with the tape.
I also tried the tape in my XL2, same thing.
So I then grabbed another blank tape from the same package, recorded a few minutes of footage and did the same thing, once again the same error happend, the wierd part is it also didn't capture any audio, however every few secs, I can hear loud crackling and static?

I played some tapes that I know work, and they did, would "bad" tapes cause this, I am worried now, because I needed this footage, now I have to re-shoot.
Can the firestore record without a tape in the deck?

Chris C. Corfield
February 1st, 2006, 10:50 PM
Yes the firestore can record with no tape in it. In the menu set it to dv and set the Firestore to tapeless operation.

Chris Fritsche
February 2nd, 2006, 07:23 AM
any ideas on whats wrong with the camera?

Chris C. Corfield
February 3rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry I have no idea. I recently purchased my camera, and have shot about 2hrs on tape. I then got a Firestore and haven't touched the tapes since.

Sorry
Chris